Recipe of the Month
Red White and Blue Cream Cake
1 pkg. low fat
white cake mix
1 envelope Dream Whip (whipped topping mix)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup cold water
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla
3 ozs. strawberry gelatin powder
1/2 cup boiling water
3 ozs. fat free vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups skimmed milk
1 1/2 envelopes Dream Whip (prepared 3 cups)
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare two 13" x 9" pans with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, 1 envelope of dry Dream Whip mix and baking powder.
3. In another bowl combine water, egg whites, oil and vanilla.
4. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just to moisten.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Place aluminum foil on wire racks. Remove both cakes from their pans and cool completely on wire racks.
7. Poke cakes with fork at one-inch intervals. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and slowly drizzle over both cakes allowing gelatin to seep into holes. Chill for 1 hr.
8. Prepare pudding according to the package directions using 1 1/2 cups of milk. Fold pudding into 1 cup of prepared Dream Whip and 1/2 cup of blueberries.
9. Spread bottom layer with pudding mixture and spread remaining 1/2 cup of prepared Dream Whip on the top layer and the sides of the cake. Arrange strawberries, blueberries and miniature marshmallows on cake to resemble the American Flag. Place some miniature marshmallows around edge of cake.
335 calories; 7 g fat (19% calories from fat); 5 g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 476mg sodium
Fabulous Fruit Salad
ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved
1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
1 orange - peeled, diced and juice reserved
1 banana, sliced
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1. In a large bowl, toss together the pineapple, apple, orange, banana and grapes.
2. Add the juice from the pineapple and orange and let chill until serving.
106 calories; .4g fat; 1g Protein; 2.6g Fiber; 27.1g Carbohydrate; 1mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol
Japanese Grilled Chicken
*Bamboo skewers (soaked in water to prevent burning)
How to Cook:
| Aprons | Art | Ashtrays | Bags | Bath Towels | Belts | Bow Ties | Boxers | Bracelets | Cake Serving Set | Candles | Candle Holders | Clocks | Coasters | Collars | Comforters | Cummerbunds | Denim Shirts | Dinner Napkins | Door Mats | Dream Catchers | Earrings | Fanny Packs | Flags | Garters | Glassware | Guest Books | Hand Towels | Hats | Holiday Items | Hot Pads | Key Rings | Kimono Robes | License Plates | Mugs | Necklaces | Pet Supplies | Photo Albums | Pillows | Pins | Pot Holders | Ring Bearer Pillows | Scarf and Hat Set | Shot Glasses | Socks | Suspenders | Sweat Shirts | Tank Tops | Teddy Bears | Ties | Toasting Glasses | Towels | T-Shirts | Tuxedo Shirt | Valances | Vests | Visors | Watches | Wedding Glasses | Wind Chimes | Wind Socks |